25 November 2009

Emails d0main .com Or .com.my?

today my frends, ila buzz me on ym..
asking for my help with her emails..
cuz last time i wasnt able to send her email..
so she ask for my help to find out the problems..
at first i told her to go to her yahoo settings,
but,
shes doesnt know much about all those things..
so she ended up giving me her id and pass
so tat i could done it for her
when i log in into her email,
her secondary email address is her old email
which she cant log in because.....i dont know..
didnt ask her..hehe
then i change to her secondary email to her working hotmail
in which hope to clear things out,
but after some TEST email from my olak329@gmail.com,
at first it said your message have been sent,,
then i told her on ym that i already sent a TEST email to find out if her email is working or not..
i sent to xxxx@yahoo.com.my..
then i told her to check her emails..
but my test email didnt appear to be..
when i refresh my Gmail inbox,
there was a message of email bounce..
that mean that my TEST email didnt reach her email address..
so i couldnt figure it out why..
then suddenly i remember..
the same thing happen to me before..
just because i mistype my domain of my alternate email
from ahmad_sobirin@yahoo.co.uk to www.ahmad_sobirin@yahoo.com..
i registered to ahmad_sobirin@yahoo.co.uk..
which mean whenever i try to send email to ahmad_sobirin@yahoo.com, the email wont reach
and the email will be rejected or bounce back to sender..
so i told her, he email address might actually be xxxx@yahoo.com instead of xxxx@yahoo.com.my
when i try to resend the email,
the TEST email reach succesfully...
ehehe..
im soo glad to be helpful..
ila is a good friends of mine since im in forms 3..
btw, the conclusion is, the email domain is not a decoration, but its a address...
imagine u typing ur home address correctly
but the only thing went wrong is your country..
for example..
your real home address is
234-a jalan cobaan,
kubang kerian
kelantan..

but instead u made mistake by typing
234-a jalan cobaan
kubang kerian
perlis..

so the letter wont reach..


same things goes for email..
so dont mistype your email..
i prefer to use .com cuz its is easier..
this post just to remind us all
thus sharing a good info i bet?
hehe...

No comments: